We're looking for energetic, smart and committed people to join our team. At Sandglaz, your work will be challenging, meaningful and fun. We are a TechStars company based in Toronto, Canada.
Content Writer Intern - Paid Position
How would you like an internship where you won’t have to fetch coffee and file paperwork EVER? Where you can grow in your writing and where you will be treated as an equal? Where you will learn skills applicable in the real world?
Guess what! At Sandglaz, there isn’t any paperwork to file!
Sandglaz is a tech startup building an online task management and team collaboration app. We are a TechStars grad company based in Toronto. If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding and fun learning experience, Sandglaz is the place for you.
We’re looking for a smart, energetic and committed intern who will work directly with our content creator to write articles for our blog, where we write about productivity, collaboration and team management.
We are a small team in a growing startup, which means you will have plenty of opportunities for learning and making a big impact on the future of Sandglaz. As an intern at Sandglaz, you will get the full experience of working in a startup. We’ll help you to build the skills you need to establish a great career.
You are the right person for this role if you:
- want to grow as a writer and learn how to create versatile content across different web platforms
- have excellent grammar skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- have a great eye for detail and are organized
- love to research and come up with new content
- are passionate about productivity, business and startup culture
- have some experience in WordPress
- deadlines are your best friend
During your internship at Sandglaz, you will:
- create compelling and versatile copy for different web platforms
- write SEO friendly copy
- gain experience in running a powerful content campaign
- learn how to pitch guest blog posts
At the end of your internship, you will also have plenty of great pieces to add to your writing portfolio.
To prove that you have read this ad thoroughly and that you pay attention to details, please tell us what is your favourite song in your cover letter.
This internship is the perfect opportunity for students who are pursuing a degree, diploma or certificate in Professional Writing, Communications, English or Journalism.
Duration: 4 months
Job Type: Part Time
Start Date: May, 2014
Hours per Week: 16 (2 days)
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and examples of past work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Developer (Front-end)
Join Sandglaz to push the limits of what is possible in team collaboration software. Sandglaz is based in Toronto, and is a TechStars Seattle 2012 company.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious software developer who enjoys a good challenge. At Sandglaz we push the limits of what is possible, and no problem is too hard for us to tackle.
You are an ideal candidate if you
- work well in a team and have excellent communication skills
- are eager and able to learn new technologies and programming languages quickly.
- are proud of the quality of your work & attentive to details
- prioritize the user experience over your coding convenience
- are interested in UX design
- are experienced in building web applications with a front-end MV* framework (Angular, backbone, Ember, etc.)
- are experienced in TDD and unit testing (using Jasmine or Mocha)
- are familiar with writing responsive web applications
- are familiar with indexeddb and offline web technologies
Nice to have
- Ruby, Rails and integration testing with Selenium
What we offer
- Fun, challenging and meaningful work that will be used by individuals & teams worldwide
- No-bullshit! We value each others' time and effort, and we push each other to be our best through transparency and honest feedback.
- An opportunity to have a direct impact and shape the future of a small but growing start-up.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
To apply email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- LinkedIn profile or Resume.
- Links to your gitub/bitbucket/stackoverflow accounts.
- Links to web applications you created on the web or work samples.